Sunday 19 January 2014

Weekly Report: Week Commencing 13th January

This week I completed the Project: Proportions and did a few additional drawings for practice. I also completed the Exercise: Essential Shapes in the Project: Form. 

I have also read and made notes on the first chapter of 'Portraiture' by Shearer West in the Oxford history of Art series (Oxford University Press 2004). I found this chapter 'What is a Portrait?' very interesting but do not intend to review it here. I will be using this book as part of my research for the research point about self portraiture so am making notes as I go along and will blog about the book when I get to that research point.

Concurrently I am continuing to read the book about Paul Klee which I started last week. I am finding this less stimulating. I don't find it as well written and the illustrations don't seem to relate well to the order of the text but I will finish reading it in time for the study visit next Saturday at Tate Modern.

1 comment:

  1. Aylish,
    Well done nice drawing and brave to do yourself.
    I'm at Asimilar point on the course so I'll be checking out your blog to see how you're doing.
    Rgds
    Eddie

    ReplyDelete