Wednesday 22 January 2014

Check and Log - Proportions

Have you managed to make a complete statement in this time? What were your main problems?

I have made a fairly complete statement in the time. My main problem was the relationship between the length of the torso and the legs. I had to keep stepping back and reassessing and remeasuring and being careful to place myself in the same position relative to the mirror (the tiled floor helped in this respect).  I overdrew several times in pencil then had to pick out the line which was most appropriate in ink. If I hadn't measured, the figure would also have been much wider because my mental image of my body is larger than I found when I measured. 
Another problem I encountered was the one of actually measuring accurately. I was quite close to the mirror and I couldn't crouch to measure my lower half so the measurements on the feet and calves were affected by angulation.

How well have you captured the characteristics of the pose?

I think that I have caught the characteristics of the pose. I am standing firmly on my feet with most of the weight on the forward foot facing towards the mirror. I am happy with the face as I think I have captured my gaze at myself quite well with relatively few marks.


Do the proportions look right? If not, how will you try to Improve this?

I struggled with the proportions and had to redraw quite a lot but I think the proportions are roughly correct. The only area I am unsure about is  the head. If anything the head may be a little small. My face looks a little shorter than it really is. I need to continue to practice measuring and cross referencing proportions of parts of the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment