Sunday 15 December 2013

Weekly Report: Week Commencing 9th December

I travelled back to Italy in Wednesday 11th after visiting my family in North Yorkshire and receiving an early Christmas present 'Anatomy for Artists' by Sarah Simblet which will be very useful for part 4 of the course.

On 11th I was bored at the airport so I did some very quick sketches of people around me both before departure and on arrival. Most of these people also had an air of boredom about them with slumped shoulders and a mooching gait. Some looked bewildered while staring up at the arrivals screens. This was the first time I had ever tried drawing people in a public place. I really enjoyed it but had to sketch very rapidly because I didn't want to get caught in the act and because the population of people on front of me changed very rapidly. 

Images of boredom:



From 12th December onwards I continued to work on assignment 3. (see posts "Assignment 3 revisited" and "Assignment 3- Choosing").



No comments:

Post a Comment