Sunday 22 December 2013

Weekly Report: Week Commencing 16th December.

This week I finally completed assignment three for which I have made a separate post.

With assignment 3 completed I am having a short pause in my studies enforced because my son has been in hospital for some surgery. It was nothing too serious but he is immobile as he has casts on both of his feet at the moment. He needs more of my attention than usual. However, I plan to take advantage of his immobility and use him as a model for part 4. (Unfortunately he is only going to be able to do sitting and reclining poses. I'll need others for standing poses.) 

18th December: I took my small sketchbook with me to the hospital and took advantage of him snoozing to draw some very rapid pen sketches. In the first one I looked at the paper very little to warm up. The second is a better (but not wonderful) likeness.



Snoozing After Surgery



22nd December: In common with most teenage boys, Luca is obsessed with his games console. I sketched him playing - again a very rapid sketch with a biro. He was concentrating to intently on his game that he didn't even notice he was being observed.

Intense Concentration.

I plan to continue my resolution of drawing something every day even during this time when most of my energy is directed elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment