Sunday 14 July 2013

Reflection on Assignment 2




I have  reviewed how I think I have done against the assessment criteria for the course as requested in the course notes. 

Demonstration of technical and visual skills: Materials, techniques, observational skills, visual awareness, design and compositional skills.

Over part two of the course I would say that my technical and visual skills are continuing to improve. I think they are currently adequate for this stage of the course The exercises with drawing negative shapes are now starting to translate into better observational skills.
My biggest area of weakness is still in compositional skills. I still feel I have little idea how to make a composition work.

Quality of Outcome: Content, application of knowledge, presentation of work in a coherent manner, discernment, conceptualisation of thoughts, communication of ideas.

I would say that at the end of two I have reached a satisfactory stage with realisation of ideas and the presentation of my work is satisfactory. I continue to communicate my ideas better in written than in visual form but this is slowly improving.

Demonstration of Creativity: Imagination, experimentation, invention, development of a personal voice.

I don't really have a personal voice nor know how to develop one yet, but I think that's appropriate for someone at this early stage in education. I'd put myself in class D:satisfactory for this section. I have shown some evidence of creativity - especially in the experimenting with coloured media project which I really enjoyed. I've also used my creativity in the development of ideas for assignment 2 however my technical limitations don't allow me to translate what I plan or visualise in my mind onto the page.

Context: Reflection, research, critical thinking.

My results are probably better than average in this respect. I have shown evidence of self reflection in my commentary throughout the learning log. I am naturally quite analytical and have studied at HE level before so I think I have a satisfactory ability to analyse and synthesise information. Although the subject matter is very different from my original studies, critical analysis should be a transferable skill. I think my research points are of an acceptable standard. I have more confidence in my ability to write factual accounts than in my ability to be creative. In this section I think that I may have included too much biographical information in some of the research points. I did this for my own interest as it did help me to place the artists in context. However I think in part three I need to be more selective in my summaries as the research points have really slowed me down.





No comments:

Post a Comment