Sunday 23 June 2013

My portfolio goes on a tour of Europe!

My work for part 1 of the course arrived back to my work address and was in the Head Receptionist's office. I told reception that I would organise a courier to send it back to Italy and I was allowed to leave it where it was until it would be collected.

The next night I arrived at work and one of the receptionists handed me a receipt from the courier for the collected parcel . The blood drained from my face and a few choice words escaped my lips......You see......The thing was.......I hadn't had time to organise a courier. My portfolio was on its way to the head office of IDEXX laboratories in the Netherlands!

A few frantic emails and a conversation with avery nice Dutch lady later and my work was returned safe and sound. I decided not to courier it to Italy after all but to book it as hold luggage on Easyjet for my return journey (although I don't on balance think that's any safer). One of the perils of being an overseas student.

No comments:

Post a Comment